This 4 hour seminar will provide employees with verbal and non-verbal personal safety skills and strategies needed to recognize, reduce, manage and protect themselves from aggressive and confrontational/violent behaviour in the workplace.
Sheepdog Self-Protection Inc is one of the only companies in Western Canada to deliver training specific to Managing Aggressive People in and out of the workplace. Previously delivered through Personal Protection Systems Inc, the MAP program has been delivered to Federal, Provincial and Municipal government, as well as to the private industry, since 1993.
While others in our industry seek out police endorsements, or advertise that they have or do work with law enforcement, “WE ARE” current or retired law enforcement professionals, and bring this experience to all our programs. There is a difference!
No matter what the job, this program will help your organization minimize risk, and provide employees with realistic skills to safely manage non-verbal, verbal, and even physical aggression. A safe workplace environment promotes employee wellness, reduces fear and anxiety and helps to build employee confidence, which in turn has a positive impact on improving client services.
Whether you are looking for violence prevention training to meet the requirements of the Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, or training to reduce the anxiety and stress of employees due to foreseeable violence issues, our program “Managing Aggressive People” can meet and exceed your needs.
- Proxemics (space) as it relates to personal Safety
- Personal zones and how they can be used to de-escalate aggressive behaviour
- Why the “reactionary gap” is so important to employee safety
- How to approach or create distance from an aggressive person
- How to avoid “cornering” techniques when interacting with clients
- The use of “team tactics” to enhance personal safety
- “Choice” communication skills to use when de-escalating aggressive behaviour
- How volume, tone, pitch, and rate of speech can work to your favour or detriment
- The power of Neuro Linguistic Psychology (NLP) as it relates to employee safety
- Pre-Assaultive body cues to assess if a person is about assault you
- How to change from threatened to challenged/ confident mindset when dealing with a problematic client
Maximum 40 Participants
$1250.00 (plus GST)
Prices listed reflect programs delivered in the Greater Victoria area. For those who are interested in our programs outside of Greater Victoria, please contact us directly for a quote
Click HERE for testimonials on the MAP program.
Chris Spargo: Chris retired from law enforcement in 2018 after 29 years of policing. Chris spent 13 years as a Sergeant, 18 years as a firearms instructor, and 16 years on the Emergency Response Team. His background includes patrol, bikes, beat, traffic, crowd management, internal investigations, operational planning, and training. Chris is the lead instructor for “Managing Aggressive People” and assists in the delivery of several other programs delivered by Sheepdog Self-Protection Inc.